Conveniently located to serve Fort Lauderdale
Rosacea is a common skin condition characterized by ruddy facial skin and tiny bumps that look like pimples. Though there are no specific tests to diagnose rosacea, a skincare expert can help diagnose rosacea in Fort Lauderdale. Prompt treatment can help patients manage the condition and enjoy life.
Often, rosacea is mistaken for a sunburn or even pimples. Acute rosacea sufferers have an enlarged and bulbous nose, correction of which requires surgical treatment.
Experts are not exactly sure why rosacea is caused. However, they have seen that it can be triggered by stressful situations, heat, alcohol, or spicy foods.
Recognizing the Symptoms
If you notice redness on your forehead, cheeks, nose, or chin, schedule an appointment at Forever Young MedSpa. Tell your skincare expert if you have any of the following rosacea symptoms:
- A stinging or burning sensation in the areas mentioned above
- A swollen nose
- Large pores
- The appearance of blood vessels on eyelids
- Vision problems
Rosacea can flare up and then fade after a few weeks. If you have persistent symptoms, come in for a diagnosis.
How Can Rosacea Be Treated?
This chronic condition can be treated with a few methods. Medications like Brimonidine, azelaic acid, or Isotretinoin are prescribed to help clear up swelling and redness. Skin treatments like IPL RejuveLux PhotoFacials, the HydraFacial, and various chemical peels are also used to clear up rosacea.
During a consultation at Forever Young MedSpa, we will set up a treatment regimen to help you reduce the signs and symptoms of rosacea. As part of this consultation, you can ask about:
- Whether you are suffering from rosacea
- If medications are causing your symptoms
- If you should avoid specific rosacea triggers
- Which skin products you should use
- Which makeup items would be best for covering up the condition
- If you are a good candidate for treatment
- How long the treatment process will take
- Which other options are available if the recommended treatments are not effective for your rosacea
Contact Us for a Consultation
If you suffer from skin conditions such as Rosacea in Fort Lauderdale, there is hope. Forever Young Medpsa invites you to a free consultation on any of our services aimed at treating Rosacea.